I was craving chicken with some lemon, garlic and mustard. I googled the flavors and found a lot of recipes but nothing that actually satisfied what I was picturing in my head. So….
- 5 chicken breasts (serve 2 per people but I like to make an extra for lunch the next day)
- 2 tbsp coarse mustard
- zest of 1 lemon (about 1/4 tbsp)
- 1 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp of olive oil (2 for rub, 2 for cooking)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
Cooking: In a small bowl mix coarse mustard, lemon zest, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Rub over chicken breasts, covering both sides. In a medium cast iron skillet cook both sides of chicken for 3-4 mins. Add chicken stock, lemon juice and garlic cloves. Cover with an off kilter lid (to vent the steam) and cook for 15-20 mins. Remove chicken from remaining broth and add butter and flour. Lower heat to low and while constantly stirring allow the broth to thicken to a pan sauce. Taste for salt and pepper.
- 2 cups of white rice (rinsed and drained)
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of granulated chicken boullion
- 1/2 tsp of salt
Cooking: EASY! Add all ingredients to a rice cooker, press the button and VIOLA! Well on mine you just press a button but follow your rice cooker directions.
Serve the chicken over rice and add the sauce.